Apple’s Special Event has concluded and Apple has given us a handful of great new products.
The iPod Hi-Fi will produce music from any iPod including the iPod shuffle. Apple describes the device as the following;
“Fill your home with sound, not stereo components. Keep your music collection at your fingertips, not in countless CD cases. Change the way you experience digital music. For $349, iPod Hi-Fi delivers crystal-clear, audiophile-quality sound in a clean, compact design. Hear, hear”
“Apple is reinventing the home stereo with the new iPod Hi-Fi, the first iPod accessory that adds true high-fidelity sound quality to the iPod,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “iPod Hi-Fi’s unrivaled acoustic performance and stunning design is at home in any room in the house.”
As widely expected Apple today announced the new Mac mini featuring an Intel Core Duo and great Media Centre features using FrontRow.
Here’s the specs: The new 1.5 GHz 1.66 GHz Mac mini, for a suggested retail price of $599, $799 (US), includes:
- 1.5 GHz Intel Core Solo, 1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo processor;
- 512MB of 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, expandable up to 2GB;
- a slot-load Combo, SuperDrive™ drive;
- 60GB, 80GB Serial ATA hard drive running at 5400 rpm;
- Serial ATA hard drive running at 5400 rpm;
- Intel GMA950 graphics processor;
- built-in AirPort Extreme wireless networking &
- Bluetooth 2.0+EDR;
- Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000 BASE-T);
- four USB 2.0 ports;
- one audio line in and one audio line out port, each supporting both optical digital and analog;
- DVI-out port for external display (VGA-out adapter included, Composite/S-Video out adapter sold separately); and
- the infrared Apple Remote.